© 2006-2013 David K. & Leona L. Gustafson
According to the Ohio Historical Marker seen alongside the cemetery lych gate in the photograph above the gate was "designed in 1910 by local architecht William Robert Powell to commemorate early settlers of Radnor who emigrated from Wales. Traditional in England and Wales, lych gates were covered gateways used to shelter coffins until clergymen arrive for burial. The Radnor lych gate has two openings: a larger one designed for horse-drawn hearse and a smaller one for mourners. Powell added the tower to resemble a church steeple for a more eccesiastical style. Constructed of stone from the local Meredith quarry, the gate features raised joints and oak gates to close the entrance."
Photographs for this page were contributed by:
(Click on the underlined name to view the gravestone photograph)
Delaware County, Ohio Cemetery Photos
This page is owned & maintained by
NOTICE: These electronic photographs may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by any organizations or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the .