Built in 1926 by the State as an Armory, the center housed the 10th Cavalry, Troop F, National Guard, until the War. During the War it served as a U. S. O. offering recreation to thousands of servicemen. It is now leased from the State and offers various activities, such as roller-skating, basketball and others. A newly organized National Guard Unit is again using it also.