Franklin County, Ohio
The Williams family graveyard is abandoned and forlorn; in need of large amounts of tender, loving care. Located just east of US 23 (High Street) and a little north of Big Walnut Creek, it lies at the southwest edge of a cultivated field. Time, weather, and vandals have taken their toll. Only two surnames appear in this tiny graveyard, Williams and Howlett. Only five adults are buried here; the remaining graves are those of children all under the age of twelve years. Part of this photographic inventory was done by taking rubbings of the most difficult to read stones. Both views are provided when possible. All stones have been photographed except those that were obviously footstones.
When necessary, the information on the inscriptions was confirmed (bracketed items) using, Franklin County, Ohio Cemeteries, Volume IX Hamilton Township, compiled by the Franklin County Genealogical Society (Columbus, 1987), page 131.
Contact one Williams descendant, Tim Needles, at
Aerial Photo of Cemetery,
(Click on the underlined name to view the photograph)
- Benjamin, son of Parley L & Rebecca H, died Sept 17, 1853, aged [2 ys 10 mo & 2 ds]
- Henry, son of Parley L & Rebecca H, died June 17, [1853, aged 1 yr 1 mo & 2 ds] (Gravestone)
- Infant Daughter, of Parley L & Rebecca H, died Sept 12, 1844 (Gravestone)
- Infant Daughter, of Parley L & Rebecca H, died Sept 26, 1846
- Isaac J., son of P L & R H, died oct 8, 1858, aged 1 yr 4 mo (17 ds) (Gravestone)
- Williams, son of P L & R H, died Jan 5, 1861, aged 11 ys 7 mo & 1 day (Full view)
- Abraham J., son of Wm & N, died Oct 22, 1856, aged 7 y's 7 mo 1 day
- Ann, dau of B & C, Aug 24, 1845-Oct 29, 1846; on same stone, Infant Son of B & C, Dec 24, 1864; and Infant Dau of B & C, Aug 9, 1844
- Benjamin, Jan'y 15, 1821-Nov 24, 1864 and Catharine Weight, wife of Benjamin, Jan'y 17, 1825-March 11, 1898 (Plot Monument)
- David, son of Abraham J & E P, died Sept 14, 1841, aged 8 days
- David [died Dec 2, 1834, aged 52 years 1 mo 5 ds]
- Margaret, widow of David, died May 6, 1840, aged 52 years 10 mo
- No photograph of the bare stone was was taken.
- Isaac, died Feb 15, 1848, aged 24 [ys 1 mo] 3 ds
- William, son of Abraham J & E P, died Feb 9, 1843, aged 4 months, 22 days