|POSTLE FAMILY CEMETERY
There are 48 known members of the Postle family buried in the cemetery. Their stories are interwoven with the history of Prairie Township, Franklin County, and Ohio. In 1810 Shadrach and Anna Stacia Postle were among the first settlers of Prairie Township. Their son Job was a veteran of the War of 182 and later owned the Checker Inn, a popular stopping place on the National Road. In the 1860s, Smith Postle and his son William Sylvester postle were some of the first manufacturers of clay drainage tiles in Ohio. Their products improved drainage in farm fields and fostered the growth of the industry in the state.
Gabriel Postle was the first Postle buried in the cemetery in 1829. Twelve graves are of children under the age of six, which testifies to the hardships endured by the area's early residents. Other graves include those of John Whitehurst, a freed slave who lived with the family of job Postle, and John Tracy, a veteran of he Civil War. In 1870 Nancy Postle was the last person buried in the cemetery.