Franklin County, Ohio
One of the earliest cemeteries in Franklin County, Grey Cemetery was established in 1825. Today no stones are standing, but the cemetery is cared for by the Madison Township Trustees.
Aerial Photo of Cemetery,
Headstones recorded in 1899 by George F. Bareis and published in his History of Madison Township (1902), page 447.
NOTE: Mr. Bareis often ignored any children buried in a cemetery and did not usually record the complete dates or ages. For that reason the following list is probably incomplete.
- Courtright, Richard, died Aug 1851, aged 51 yrs
- Sarah, wife of Richard, died 1843, aged 57 yrs
- Mary, wife of John, died 1841, aged 33 yrs
- Rebecca, wife of John, died 1846, aged 29 yrs
- Richard, son of John & Mary, died 1831, aged 1 yr
- Palmyra, daughter of John & Rebecca, aged 1 yr
- Decker, Aaron L., died 1826, aged 3 yr
- Theadogeur, wife of Thomas, died 1826, aged 37 yrs
- Mary, wife of Thomas, died 1832, aged 21 yrs
- Mary, daughter of Thomas & Harriet, died 1837, aged 7 mos
- Errena, daugther of Thomas & Julian, died 1842, aged 10 mos