© 2001-2017 David K. & Leona L. Gustafson
Upper Arlington, Perry Township,
Franklin County, Ohio
The Bickett-Richards Cemetery is on the east side of Riverside Drive (US-33) about a block and a half south of Fishinger Rd. and behind a business establishment. It is abandoned and has suffered from the years, neglect, and vandals. Most of the stones are broken off at ground level; some are almost buried. What care it gets is done by Ashland Oil Co. Graves at the center of the cemetery before restoration was completed by volunteers for Operation Flag in April 2003.
Aerial Photo of Bickett-Richards Cemetery,
(Click on the underlined name to
download the tombstone photograph)
- Bickett, all on one very large stone:
- Front: James, 1805-1865; Sara R., 1814-1887; Ebenezer, 1835-1864, 1'Lieut. Co. G. Reg. O.V.V.I.; Nancy J, 1849-1865; John & H. Ram, infants 1838 (Detail)
- Back: Wm. W., 1835-1908, 1'Asst. Surg. 3 Reg. O.V.I; T. Jefferson, 1840-1904, Co G. 46 Reg. O.V.V.I; A. Jackson, 1840-blank, Co. D. 95 Reg. O.V.I., 6 mo. in Rebel Prison, Andersonville, Ga.
- Not located: Brobeck, Rebecca, wife of Wm.
- Ebenezer R, died June 27, 1867, aged 26 yrs 9 mos 12 dys
- James, died May 30, 1890, aged 74y 8m 21d
- Laura, daughter of E.R. & E. McCoy, died June 20, 1867, aged 9 mos 13 ds
- Lois B. L., dau of J & Z McCoy, died June 6, 1867, aged 22 yrs ?? mos 36 ds
- Robert, an native of Ireland, departed this life July the 25th, 1844 in the 69th year of his age
- Zipporah, wife of James McCoy, died Sep 14, 1872, aged 67 yrs 18 ds
- Richards, Julius C, Sept 12, 1820-May 25, 1890; Sarah, his wife Sept 21, 1823-July 6, 1882; and Jennetta J, dau., Oct 17, 1851-Apr 11, 1890 (Close-up)
- Photo #10, there are several similar remnants and places showing where stones were broken off at ground level.
NOTICE: These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by any organizations or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the
This beautiful background came from:
This site is maintained by